Fire Up For The 2017 Santa Cruz Firecracker!
RACE DAY SCHEDULE: Pre-registered runners check-in, and race day registration from 6:30 - 7:45 AM (for 1K), 6:30 - 8:00 AM (5K/10K) at Harvey West Park, 326 Evergreen Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060. Race day registration runners pick up Bib Numbers at Registration on July 4th. Kids’ 1K run at 8:00 AM, 10K starts at 8:30 AM and 5K starts at 8:40 AM. 10K/5K/1K awards commencing at 9:45 AM - 10:00 AM.
PARKING: Free parking available at Costco (via the Sylvania Avenue entrance) and along Sylvania Avenue. Enter Harvey West Park via Encinal @ Hwy 9 and then turn left on Sylvania and park on Sylvania or in the Costco parking lot via the Sylvania Avenue entrance. Costco is closed on July 4th, so there is plenty of parking at Costco. But arrive early to avoid the race-day rush and leave time for the short walk/jog to the registration tables near the Harvey West pool.
PANCAKE BREAKFAST: Brought to you by Santa Cruz Pop Warner at the Harvey West Clubhouse, 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM. Fuel up for the Firecracker 5K & 10K or just join the fun at this traditional Pancake Breakfast, included with your race entry! Breakfast features flapjacks along with eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, and Schoolhouse Chai!
AWARDS & PRIZES: Awards to top 3 in each 5-year age group. Merchandise prizes and name engraved on Champions Cup for overall male and female open winners and age-graded winners of 5K and 10K. Aptos Fleet Feet shoe certificates to top male and female age-graded winner + 13-18 age group winner. Blue ribbons to all 1K finishers and medals to top 3 male and female kids 10 and under in Kids’ 1K.
PLUS: Aerobics warm-up and Santa Cruz DJ Company will light your fire with warm-up tunes certain to pump you up.
PACKET PICKUP: Runners pick up Goodie Bags, Shirts, and Bib Numbers on the following dates and at the following locations:
- On Saturday, July 1st, from 12 noon to 4 PM at Fleet Feet Aptos, 26 Rancho Del Mar, Aptos, CA 95003
- On Sunday, July 2nd, from 12 noon to 4 PM at Whole Foods, 911 Soquel Ave., Santa Cruz, CA 95062 OR
- On July 4, AFTER you’re done racing at the Goodie Bag tables near the pool; avoid the rush and pick up over the weekend if possible!
Some of this year's highlights include:
- This year’s Special Firecracker Beneficiaries: Teen Kitchen Project & the Red Cross of the Central Coast
- Really cool Aptos Fleet Feet long sleeve shirts for top finishers in 10K and 5K!
- And a new women’s shirt design!
- Medals still 3 deep in 5-year age groups!
- Flat, fast, certified 5K course!
- Recently re-certified 10K course!
- The Thrill of the Hill remains in the classic town and country 10K course!
Run With Team Warriors!
For the second consecutive year, the Santa Cruz Warriors have formed "TEAM WARRIORS" to participate in this year's run, register below to be a part of the fun! TEAM WARRIORS Entry Includes
Click for Details
- General entry elements: 2017 Firecracker t-Shirt, Pancake Breakfast, Race Prizes
- Additional TEAM WARRIORS logoed shirt to wear on race day
- One (1) Sideline Bleacher ticket to Santa Cruz Warriors "Firecracker Night" during 2017-18 season
- Drawings for autographed Golden State Warriors memorabilia (basketball, photos, etc.)
- Opportunity to purchase additional tickets at a savings to "Firecracker Night" for family and friends
- Team Store coupon for Santa Cruz Warriors merchandise.
We hope to see you again this year on the fourth of July! So, light the fire within and register online today. If you already have registered, thanks, and we'll see you on July 4th!
2017 Firecracker Details
Breakfast after an awards ceremony that features medals to the top 3 in 5-year age groups!
Now in its 33rd year, the flat, fast 5K is certified, and is great for runners and walkers of all ages and also for spectators!
As always, the little kids (10 and under) can join in an exciting 1K fun run that starts 30 minutes before the main event, just outside the back of Costco, on Harvey West Boulevard.
Race Start Times
7:00am – Registration opens
8:00am – Kid's 1K run/walk
8:30am – Firecracker 10K run
8:40am – Firecracker 5K run
- Pancake breakfast after the race (included w/ entry fee)
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for 1st thru 3rd place in each 5-year category
- Merchandise prizes and Champions Cup Engraving for overall winners in the 10K and 5K (M&F and age graded M&F)
- Shoes awarded to the overall age-graded winners, and first high school (18 and under) boy and girl
- Expedited awards ceremony this year
- "Thrill of the Hill" t-shirt for the first 1000 entrants